About Yoga on High Foundation
Yoga On High Foundation, a Fund of the Columbus Foundation (YHF), was established in 2008 to underwrite the creation and implementation of programs for people who cannot pay for the life-changing support that yoga can bring to its practitioners.
Since its creation, YHF has worked to support, inspire and fund a wide variety of programs for persons with chronic conditions and illnesses, as well as for persons in a variety of at-risk populations.
With a mission statement that includes words like sanctuary, self-awareness, integrity and inclusivity, the Yoga On High Foundation is making a difference in communities throughout Central Ohio.
Benefits of Yoga
• Increase concentration and retention of new information
• Increased self esteem & self acceptance
• Increase in calmness; patience
• Increase relaxation
• Increase quality of sleep
• Increase physical strength, flexibility, balance
• Increase body awareness; and realistic body image
• Increased resiliency
• Promotes self caring
• Promotes equanimity
• Promotes greater management of life stressors
• Allows participants to regain control over “on edge” emotions
• Allows participant to release unsettling thoughts and emotions
• Decreased test anxiety
• Decreased destructive behaviors
• Decreased depression
• Decreased hostility & aggression
• Decreased mood disturbances
Donate to the Yoga on High Foundation a Fund of the Columbus Foundation