Yoga on High’s Teacher Training Institute is offering a 500-hour Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training. This program focuses on the physical body, the energy body, and the mental/emotional body—and, because the program is yoga-based, the development of personal insight and care for oneself. Upon graduation from this program you will be qualified to work therapeutically with your students in group and private settings.
In this program you will study:
- Yoga principles in therapeutic care.
- Applied approaches to working therapeutically with students with injuries and physical limitations.
- Yoga therapy for specific health conditions and challenged populations, for example back pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, and cancer among others.
- What scientific research is saying about yoga as a healing practice.
- Various ways to utilize asana, pranayama, and meditation as healing tools.
- The role of stress in disease, and methods and practices to reduce it in daily life.
- The yogic map of the energy body and ways of understanding and working with Reiki as a wellness-promoting modality. Also, understanding asana and pranayama as energy practices.
- Working ethically with private clients, small groups and populations at large.
- Philosophical and psychological themes in personal growth and healing.
- Developing a therapeutic yoga practice including pricing and marketing tips.
This program is experiential and highly student-driven. It includes ample practice teaching time in small groups to cement the approaches and skills covered in the program. Students can also assist senior teachers in therapeutic classes designed for various ill or injured students.
Therapeutic Teacher Training Faculty
Marcia Miller leads the faculty, which also includes nationally-known guest teachers who are recognized experts in their fields of interest.
Marcia has been a practicing yoga therapist for over 35 years, seeing private clients and teaching classes that address targeted problems such as back pain, joint pain, cancer, diabetes, and cardiac problems, among others. In 2005 through 2012, she worked with researchers at The Ohio State University Medical Center to design the yoga protocols for studies exploring the effects of yoga on the immune system. Through the years, she has acted as on a hands-on mentor to yoga teachers who are working with various fragile, at-risk populations, helping them develop specialized curricula and hone their teaching skills. Marcia is a long-time yoga teacher, Reiki Master, and practitioner of embodied Non-Violent Communication, and her goal in life is easing suffering one person at a time.
Guest faculty includes Amy Weintraub on yoga for depression and multiple sessions with Doug Keller on his therapeutic approach to yoga asana.
Requirements for Enrollment
To enroll in this program you must have graduated from a 200-hour yoga teacher training program in good standing and have completed at least 100 hours of teaching classes or private sessions.
Dates: The program meets on various weekends and for 5-day intensives over a period of 24 months, with rolling enrollment so you may begin anytime.
There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $150 included in the prices below.
Paid in full in one payment is $4900
Yearly installments of $2475 per year for 2 years for a total of $5100
Monthly installments of $210 per month for 24 months for a total of $5,190
The cost of the program includes all eligible workshops, mentorship and assisting fees, and an unlimited class pass to Yoga on High for the length of the program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.