100-hour Ashtanga Yoga Certification
This program does not start until 2014. If you are interested in learning to teach Ashtanga Yoga in 2013 we recommend you take David Swenson's Teacher Training Immersion at Yoga on High. It begins October 7, 2013 and is open to all yoga teachers and experienced practitioners.
After you have completed the Yoga on High 200-hour Teacher Training Program or an equivalent program, you may choose to specialize in teaching Ashtanga yoga. We want you to teach from your experience so we recommend that you have an Ashtanga practice before choosing this track. We require that you have a regular practice and a sound knowledge of the Modified or Primary Ashtanga Series.
What can you expect to learn in our program?
- Ashtanga basics; chants, ujayii breath, bandhas and dristi
- The Ashtanga lineage, Patanjali’s sutras & basic Sanskrit
- The asanas in the Primary Series—standing, seated, and finishing poses
- Language, timing & count
- Teaching Beginners classes, the Modified Primary and the Primary Series.* Depends on your level of experience.
- Teaching Mysore
- Modifications & Adjustments
- Maintaining a personal practice
- Contraindications for specific poses and helping students work through injuries
- Working with private clients
- Progressing a student’s practice
This program will meet weekly on Thursday evenings from 6:00p to 9:00p. It also includes a 3- month membership to the Morning Mysore Club and a 3-month class pass. Included in the price is one weekend workshop with a renowned guest teacher such as David Swenson or Tim Miller. We require that you attend no less than two Mysore classes a week and assist an experienced teacher for one quarter in a 10-week Beginner course, a modified primary class or a primary series class. We also require that you spend 20 hours practice teaching.
The cost of the certification includes an Ashtanga manual, a 3-month class pass to Yoga on High and to the Morning Mysore Club, and weekend workshop with a guest teacher.
$150 non-refundable deposit
$1500 if paid in Full
$1800 if paid in 6-monthly installments of $275 (certification given at time of final payment)