For eleven years, Yoga on High has held classes for hundreds of pregnant women who write us glowing notes of thanks. This summer we are offering prenatal teacher training based on our experience working with women during a time in their lives when their bodies and emotions are rapidly changing.
The course covers:
• The anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and fetal development
• Stages of labor and birth
• Maintaining a healthy pelvic floor and the importance of good posture during pregnancy
• Yoga techniques that relieve the common discomforts associated with pregnancy and are helpful during labor
• Asanas and breathing techniques appropriate for pregnant women and how to modify them for different stages of pregnancy
• Comfortable postures for relaxing and sleeping during pregnancy
• Relaxation techniques for use during pregnancy and delivery
• Creative use of props to accommodate a pregnant body
• Sequencing varied classes using the elements covered in this course to accommodate your students’ needs
• Fostering open, supportive, non-judgmental discussions and a sense of community among students
• Teaching a workshop for prenatal partners
An extensive reference manual is included.
The course takes place over two three-day sessions with time in between to assist in prenatal classes. You must be registered as a 200-hour yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance or have had equivalent training to attend.
2013 Date & Times: August 23-25 & September 20-22
Friday, August 23, 1:00 to 8:30p
Saturday, August 24, 10:00a to 5:00p
Sunday, August 25, 9:00a to 4:30p
Friday September 20, 1:00 to 8:30p
Saturday, September 21, 10:00a to 5:00p
Sunday, September 22, 9:00a to 4:30p
Instructors: Jennifer Gebhart, Mary Sinclair, and Cathy Konkler.