Developed over 30 years by Richard Miller PhD, iRest Yoga Nidra meditation supports psychological, physical and spiritual health, healing and awakening.
HOW IT WORKS
iRest is an accessible meditation protocol that is integrative, as it heals unresolved issues and traumas, and restorative, as it aids practitioners in recognizing the underlying peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances in life.
Due to its effectiveness and ease of use, iRest has proven to effectively support the healing process across a broad range of populations, including those with PTSD, chronic pain, sleep issues, high stress, depression, and anxiety.
In this Level 1 Training, you will learn:
- The core principles and practice of iRest meditation.
- How to use iRest for your personal practice.
- How to teach and deliver iRest simply yet effectively in group and individual settings.
Following the Level 1 Training, you will:
- Join a global community of teachers teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the IRI website as a Level 1 Teacher in Training.
- Be able to access our “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network” for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive a certificate of attendance designating you as a Level I Teacher-in-Training you must arrive on time every day and attend all training sessions.
REQUIRED reading and listening:
RECOMMENDED reading and listening:
iRest Program for Healing PTSD - Book
iRest Program for Healing Meditations with Richard Miller (audio recordings)
Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6-volume audio recording)
iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (audio recording) or iRest at Ease with Kelly Boys (audio recording)
Resting in Stillness (audio recording)
To find out more about the Integrative Restoration Institute, please visit irest.us.
- American Psychological Association: Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for its programs and their content.
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs, LPCCs, and MFTs for programs from CE approved sponsors of the American Psychological Association. LCSWs, LPCCs, and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
- California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP10318) for licensed nurses in California through the cosponsorship of the Institute of Noetic Sciences RNs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval
- Ohio Social Workers: This workshop has been approved by the NASW Ohio Chapter for CEUs in Ohio. NASW is recognized as a Continuing Education Approver for social work CEUs by the Ohio CSWMFT Board. The approver number is 333350-062216. Social Workers from states other than Ohio need to check with their state licensing board for approval.