The iRest Level II Training is designed to provide you with a deeper understanding of the principles underlying the theory, practice and delivery of iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation. You will develop and refine your personal practice and delivery of iRest to groups and individuals both in public and professional settings. Level II Trainings offer CE** hours for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN. Please see event details for specific CE hours and offerings.
Level II Learning Objectives
- Receive advanced training in teaching iRest Meditation to groups and individuals.
- Deepen your personal practice of iRest.
- Participate in advanced group lectures and peer discussion groups.
- Learn how to become script independent for both group and dyad practices.
- Understand the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues and ethical considerations.
- Receive advanced iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions.
- Enhance your understanding of the historical context and the path of meditation in which iRest is embedded.
- Learn Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual views and neuroscience that inform iRest and the path of meditation.
- Learn about evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest with different populations.
Following the Level II Training, you will:
- Join a global community of teachers teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospitals, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the IRI website as a Level II Teacher-in-Training.
- Be able to access our “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network” (TCN) for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
- Understand how to engage in iRest research where you live.
- Audit Level II Trainings at reduced rates.
- Ability to be an assistant at Introductory, Level I and Level II workshops, trainings and retreats, depending on openings.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive a certificate of attendance designating you as a Level II Teacher-in-Training you must arrive on time every day and attend all training sessions.
REQUIRED reading and listening:
iRest Program for Healing PTSD (Book)
iRest Meditation: Restorative Practices for Health, Resiliency, and Well-Being (6CD Set)
RECOMMENDED reading and listening:
iRest Daily Meditation Companion (accessible on computers and all mobile devices) Anne Douglas
When Self Falls Away online course Richard Miller, PhD (A special 20% discount is included)
Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6CD Set)
iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (CD or Mp3) oriRest at Ease with Kelly Boys(CD or Mp3)
Resting in Stillness (CD or Mp3)
To get the most from the Level II Training please come prepared by reading this document.
View the complete listing of upcoming iRest Trainings and Retreats.
Approximately 30 CE hours* will be available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN.
*The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) (www.spiritualcompetency.com ) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs, LPCCs, and MFTs from California for programs from American Psychological Association approved CE providers. LCSWs, LPCCs, MFTs, and other mental health Counselors from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP 10318) to sponsor continuing education for licensed nurses in California through the co-sponsorship of the Institute of Noetic Sciences . RNs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
Attendees requesting Professional CE who live outside of California are responsible for contacting their home state licensing organizations to see if there is reciprocity. IRI is not responsible for the decision of licensing boards that lie outside the state of California.
Ohio Social Workers: IRI iRest® teacher trainings have been approved by the NASW Ohio Chapter for CEUs in Ohio. NASW Ohio Chapter is recognized as a Continuing Education Approver (#333350-062216) for social work CEUs by the OCSWMFT Board
If you have previously completed an iRest Level II teacher training you may audit this event at a cost of $600 (manual not included, $100 manual fee paid to IRI if needed) Please contact [list Host name and contact information] to register as an auditing participant.
To find out more about the Integrative Restoration Institute, please visit irest.us.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Stephanie Lopez, LISW-S, is Director of Operations for the Integrative Restoration Institute (IRI), Senior iRest® Trainer and IRI Retreat Leader. Stephanie’s teachings are informed by over two decades of immersion in the non-dual teachings of yoga as well as her integration of western psychology and the wisdom traditions of eastern spirituality. As a clinical social worker Stephanie weaves self-inquiry and iRest meditation into her clinical practice. Teaching for nearly 15 years, Stephanie’s compassionate presence, depth of knowledge, and ease of being create a welcoming space for insightful learning. She leads workshops, retreats, and trainings in the U.S. and internationally. Stephanie finds joy in her marriage with her husband, Francisco, and their two cats, Juniper & Luna. She is also an avid traveler and hiker.